Thursday, April 16, 2009

Don't judge a book by it's cover

Judging a book buy it's cover, I'm am guilty. In fact, I don't think their is one person who is not 

guilty if this. My pet peeve is people who wear their pajamas to Walmart or any store for that
matter.  I instantly judge them, which my sister in-law Julie can verify. It drives me crazy!!!

Luke 6:37  Do not judge, and you will not be judged.  Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven.

Which leads me to this...

This clip of American Idol in Britain was on Fox New this morning. Click here to watch and be amazed.
I can't get the video to copy here. This is a perfect example how we judge others. It's amazing to me how
the crowd is responding and rolling their eyes but as soon as her mouth is opened and she begins to sing
there is instant cheering and a standing ovation. But at first glance ,we laugh and roll our eyes...


5 I love Comments!!:

Jul

Jess, Yes, I think we all tend to instantly judge. This is an amazing video and yes, also a wake up call to all of us that we should think twice when we want to judge a book by it's cover! By the way.. it also drives me crazy to see people wear their p.j.'s out in public!:)

Andrea

Yep...you're right! We are all guilty of this. And that video is amazing btw! Thanks for sharing. :)

Alexia

Guilty! Someday I hope to catch myself before judging so harshly, but I'm pretty sure that will be my biggest challenge. I always have to force myself to re-evaluate my judgments.

Amy W

I love this clip! I had tears in my eyes the first time I saw it.

Rachel

I was just thinking about this the other day. I look forward to the day when I truly see people the way Jesus does. Not because I try to, but because it comes naturally.

I just watched that clip yesterday. So good!

  © Blogger template 'Minimalist G' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP