Monday, January 19, 2009

Memory Lane Mondays

Recently I've put all of my negatives on disk.  It was a costly investment but well worth it.  I love looking back at them.  Such great memories.  I've always love my photographs and wish a did a better job.  One day in the future I'll have time to work on that!!!  So, from know on Monday's we'll be walking down Memory Lane together, this way I can share all of my photo beacuse there not doing anyone any good siting in the closet!

Frist up this week is New York City. We visited here in 2001.  This photo was taken at the Statue of Libery.
 
This is an amazing story of God protection.  This picture was taken in July the year the towers went down.  On September 11th 2001, Paul and I went to Sam's Club to pick up my photos. (Back when it was film and you wait forever to take it in!)  We were in Sam's when the news hit about the Trade Towers. We pick up our film and low and behold  there we were standing right in front of them. On this day September 11th 2001 we were scheduled to be in New York, the Brox doing a program.  That program was cancelled a week before. We were upset with the cancelation because we would not be able to fill that date with another program on such short notice.  Being Children's Evangelist every day counts for income, and a week off would hurt. That day we relized how God's hand was upon us and He takes care of us.   And still is to this day. 



This was the last summer that any tourist would be able to go up into the crown of the Statue of Liberty. (from our understanding)  It was a 2 hour wait with a very tired Autumn.  She could not make it to the top.

3 I love Comments!!:

Alexia

I love looking through old photos and reminiscing! I think it's so awesome when you can look back and see God's hand working in your life. I think I would have freaked going up to Liberty's crown and looking out! Did you have to climb stairs to get there?!?!

Angela

Jessica,
I love your blog (and pics) and I've been reading for months. Thanks for reading mine as well. Aren't comments the best? It's like getting mail when you're 10 yrs. old.

I'm always amazed when I look back in retrospect at how God works in our lives.

lace

It doesn't seem that long ago that we were there but look how little Autumn is!

  © Blogger template 'Minimalist G' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP