Thursday, January 29, 2009

The secret to No Bake Cookies


No Bake cookies are my all time favorite cookie, well except for those cheep sugar cookies that you get in the plastic container at the store with about 1" of frosting and sprinkles on them. YUM!  

My No Bakes never turn out, always dry, all ways crumbly, never perfect! I boil them for 1 minute, i've tried 2 and 5 minutes.  Still always the same.  Until now.  The other day when we were speaking at church I was eating more than one of these cookie, and a Lady was watching me.   I told the lady that these were the best I've ever had,  She said Great and that she made them.  She told me the secret to making good No Bakes is a 1/2 of bag of marshmallows!


Crazy!  Maybe you do this but I've never heard of such a thing.  All you do is use your normal recipe and add the 1/2 bag of  marshmallows when you add the oats.  They turned out perfect last night :)

My goal is not to put on those 7 pounds that I lost during the fast!   I'm limiting myself to one cookie  after lunch and 1 after dinner!!

3 I love Comments!!:

Alexia

That's really interesting...I've always used Carla's recipe from our church and mine have always turned out perfect (I did about the same thing you did with that lady when I ate Carla's LOL) I inhale no bakes so I don't make them very often.

Next time I have marshmallows in the house I'll have to try it!

lace

I've never heard of marshmallows in them either.

We use Carla's recipe too.

Anonymous

good luck on limiting yourself

  © Blogger template 'Minimalist G' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP