Monday, May 25, 2009

Memory Lane Monday ... Amish Life

Lancaster Pennsylvania, summer 2003

I had just started reading the Series of Beverly Lewis.  Which I love and hate at the same time. I love the books and the author, it's the tradition of the Amish that gets me flustered!!


It was so cool to go right into the city and area where the books are taking place. Seeing the Amish way of life was so interesting.  We went on a buggy ride that took us to a few Amish homes to buy the goods that they made and baked. I thought the cookies were kind of bland myself.



This photo here is of Autumn at 3 years old.  She loved the ride up until the horse decided to...well,  you know!!  


These people are with us.  Most summers we traveled with a team,  Lacey (the Nanny), Eric and Jason (the grunts).  Each summer we had different guys travel with us.  These days we just travel with the family.


I'm still reading Beverly Lewis books,  I can't get enough of her.  Ask Paul it drives him crazy.  I'm no good to him while driving in the car traveling.  He wants me to keep him awake and I can't put the book down.  I don't even hear the kids calling MOM, MOM, MOM!  Drives him crazy:)


My friend Lacey won these books by Cindy Woodsmall and loaned them to me for our trip to KY this past week.  This is the first book of the series, I'm on the second and will soon be on the third.  I like her, but I still prefer Beverly Lewis.

The Pastor where we were for the Church Plant Conference, Michael Knight reads about 20 books a month, that just amazes me.  You could tell, he was very educated.  He must be a speed reader!!

3 I love Comments!!:

Amy W

I'm a Beverly Lewis fan too! :)

Alexia

That would be so much fun! I've always thought it would be fun to live with the Amish for a week, just to see what it's like.

I have a hard time reading any other author's Amish stories every Beverly Lewis' - she is simply, the best.

grams

Lace got those for her b-day, she didn't win them. LOL

  © Blogger template 'Minimalist G' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP