Thursday, April 29, 2010

Deviled Eggs... help!!

I've never made deviled eggs.  Well, I think I did once but I can't remember when it was!  So for the last two weeks I've been trying to peel these hard boil eggs!



I've talked to several people and I have tried many different methods over the last few weeks.  Still no luck.  What is wrong with me!  Who ever heard of a pastors wife who can't even hard boil eggs!  Everyone knows I can't cook but come on!!



So you know what my problem was!  lol  Fresh eggs!  I got an email from a lady at our church who did some research and come to find out fresh eggs do not hard boil well.  I bought some eggs at the store and tried the experiment, and they looked amazingly perfect!  The eggs need to be at least 2 weeks old!  Our chickens lay about 4 eggs a day.  I  guess I'll be holding on to them a little long before I use them to make deviled eggs.  Who ever heard of a fresh egg being to fresh!!??

I guess I'm not a dumb at I thought I was!

6 I love Comments!!:

Alexia

I would have never known that! LOL

Anonymous

There is nothing finer than a deviled egg... I've never had your problem, as I live in NY and there is no such thing as a deviled egg. I stumbled across your blog because I'm always looking for new recipes to try. If you're looking for simple and delicious I suggest this one:
6 eggs
1/4 c. mayonnaise
1 tsp. mustard
Salt and pepper
Bacon bits
Paprika

Cut hard boiled eggs in half. Remove yolks and mash in bowl with mayonnaise, mustard, salt and pepper. Spoon back into egg whites. Sprinkle with bacon bits and paprika.

I have lots of more complicated recipes that involve spinach and deviled ham, but that's neither here nor there. Sorry if I sound a bit crazy... I am obsessed with deviled eggs... kinda like this guy: Seth and his deviled eggs

Amy Warden

I've heard that before too! Crazy, huh? At least now you know the secret!

Jul

I've been with ya on that!! It took me a while to figure it out too! I did that a couple of years ago when I was making them to take to the reunion on the 4th. I wasted soooo many eggs!

Werner

That is funny. I am watching Martha Steward, (I know funny by itself), and she said to do hard-boiled eggs, which needs to be peeled, fresh eggs (out of coop) need to be on the counter for 4 days (not refrigerator).

Unknown

I wish I would have known you were having that problem. it is crazy you have to have 2 week old eggs. best between 10 and 14 days.. They peel amazing when they are that old..that goes to show you they are not close to fresh at the store. LOL :) nice to have fresh eggs.

  © Blogger template 'Minimalist G' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP