Saturday, April 17, 2010

I feel the Burn!



Paul and I have been working out at the YMCA about 2-3 days a week, getting ready for summer programs.  I love the Elliptical.  It's smooth and you just glide along not even know how far you've gone.  Paul has been running a mile for sometime know and he thought I should give it a try.    I decided that I would...  It truly was a piece of cake and I didn't mind the run a bit.    I asked he why he wasn't up to 2 miles yet! lol




However... that day has come and gone and I am paying dearly for it!    The treadmill has caused me nothing but pain and misery for the last 2 days!!  My thighs are killing me!  I feel as if my whole body as been beaten up.  I'm not so sure I like the way running makes my body feel.




As of today I'm not sure I'm ready to jump back on the treadmill.   I think I hear the Elliptical calling my name.  If anyone has any tips please share.  I've never been a runner.  The last time I ran a mile was in high school.  I may have even walked it then!

3 I love Comments!!:

Amy Warden

My advice: do it again! I met with a personal trainer recently and she gave me some new exercises to add to my repertoire that I do at home. The most important thing she told me was to change it up so your body doesn't anticipate what you're doing next. That's why the elliptical is easy for you - your body is used to it. I was SO sore after I did the new workout, but it finally went away. Definitely alternate with weights, running, anything that is different!

gail t.

When I started running I thought I would never recover, but you have to just get out there and do it again, that is what recovers you, also when I am done running I take cold showers, or jump into the pool it helps your muscles. But evently the pain will go away, your body is just not used to what you are doing. Don't give up it actually does get to be fun.
Gail

Melody

And this is the very reason my treadmill is holding my hang up clothes right now! But these pictures have given me a new zeal....it's a new day.....my treadmill can look like those pictures in a matter of minutes. Hold on, I'll be right back............okay, the clothes are gone now. Arrgggg....I still don't feel any motivation. I even dusted it and everything. Good luck and keep at it! I'll join you soon enough.

  © Blogger template 'Minimalist G' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP