Friday, July 3, 2009

Joe's Gizzard City

You know how you never do anything in your own town.   It happened to me. Today on our way home from Mississippi we stopped in Potterville Michigan at Joe's Gizzard City.   I grew up in Charlotte which is about 5 miles away.  My first job was at the Potterville elementary school as a gymnastic spotter for little kids.

This place is so famous that it was on Diners, Drive-ins and Dives!  Of course I would have never know that because no way in a million years would I even try a gizzard...  so why would I know that it was there? Plus I was to young.  

I've married this crazy husband and he seen this on the food channel,   so you know where we headed. How convenient, we were going right by it on our way home.
 



First off it's kinda dirty, small and smokey.   I'm not sure they've heard about the no smoking policy in most restaurants these days, because of this we had to sit on the patio.  Paul of course had the gizzard because what's a trip to Gizzard City if you don't have the gizzards!  I had the deep fried hamburger and onions rings.  Oh and for dessert, more deep fried food. ..deep fried Oreos and deep fried Nutter Butters.   The oreo were my favorite, you dipped them in chocolate.  I did try one tiny piece of Paul gizzards.  Not bad, but I'm not having a plate of them.  

So we left feeling full of deep fried food and feeling a little greasy, but it's the experience that was most important.  Check that off the list of places we've been!

2 I love Comments!!:

Alexia

I've always wanted to try a deep-fried...something. I heard about deep-fried candy bars and have been super curious since then LOL I think I'm going to have to take my mom for a little trip...

Unknown

I also married a man who watched DD&D ~ we drove by this place once, but it was closed *bummer*

Glad you guys had fun!
~Lori

  © Blogger template 'Minimalist G' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP