Thursday, November 26, 2009

Two years ago today I nearly lost my husband

This photo was taken on the day that Paul and I were told he could go home!

Two years ago today we were in ICU. (This is a post that I made when Paul had gotten out of the hospital, I had just started to blog.)

I had to call Paul's mom and tell her what was wrong with him. This is what the doctor told me to tell her...

"Paul is a very sick man, he has a Skin Infection and he will be here in the hospital for at least 4-5 day. "

Well, we started out the trip to the ER we thought that Paul had a hernia. Since that day Paul had to stay in this hospital for 16 days. He was in ICU for 7 days. It was a Holiday that we'll never forget. Doctors would come into the room and tell me they had no idea what was wrong with Him. He is so healthy they would say. After several bood cultures and test, he had a Strep A infection, Staph Infection and Fascitis. He was on several antibiotics & different pain meds that did'nt like him. This caused him to go a little loopy. Ok a lot. He had to be put on a ventilator for two night. This finally made him get much needed rest. They gave him a 30% chance of living, or a 70% chance of dying. However you want to look at it, it wasn't good. Through much love and prayers, Thanks be to Jesus Christ we moved out of ICU!

He put on 40 pounds of fluid from the infections and antibiotics weighting his heaviest at 286 pounds. They gave him a shot to help him pee of the weight. He lost 7-8 pounds during the night. (that's more than 1 gal. of milk) By the time he left the hospital he had lost 62 pound. He lost the 40 pounds plus some. He said this winter he wanted to loose 20 pounds. Now he's one skinny man!

From all the info and e-mails I received, I figure there were at least 22 churches that I know for sure praying for Paul that Sunday. People from coast to coast. Not counting friends & family around home.

I'm so thankful that I have my Paulie around for another holiday. I can't believe two Thanksgivings have past. I'm so thankful that my God answers prayer!

1 I love Comments!!:


Wow! I remember this. I didn't realize though how terribly sick he was! I am thanking God with you!
Happy Thanksgiving!

  © Blogger template 'Minimalist G' by 2008

Back to TOP