Tuesday, May 4, 2010

What I'm reading these days...


I'm reading a Francine Rivers book series on 5 women in the Linage of Christ.  It is Awesome.  It started with Tamar, Rahab, Ruth, then Bathsheba and now the very last book I'm on is Mary.  They are easy quick reads with devotionals in the back.  (It must be remembered these books are novels.  It is Ms River’s interpretation of biblical facts, incorporating her knowledge of the customs of that time. Reread the stories in Bible and know that Francine Rivers is true to the account, leaving nothing out.)

Here is a book review if your interested.



This one I'm reading in the car while Paul is driving.  I keep it in my visor and read it bit by bit as I have time.  It's also a really great read.   I had read many reviews on some blogs that I read and I'm finally getting around to it.  I'm glad I am.  It's insightful for a new Pastor Wife like me!

2 I love Comments!!:

Alexia

I started to read the Francine Rivers series and then haven't been back to the library to get the rest. I really liked the first couple I read!

I really like reading Biblical fiction because it's interesting to read more about their "lives" than just what you get in the Bible.

Sarah@Life in the Parsonage

I'm gonna have to pick up that series. I love Redeeming Love by her.

And I loved Cute Shoes too!

Thanks for sharing, and praying for you guys on your Summer adventures!

  © Blogger template 'Minimalist G' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP